Friday, October 1, 2010

Illustration Friday --Beneath-- !!

For this week's Illustration Friday Edition, I submitted a fashion illustration.

I showed the original of this piece at the Orange County Center for Contemporary Art's "Fashionistas" Show last year (a great and fun gallery, whose website is here: http://occca.org) .



The title is "Style in Wonderland." I thought it fit the theme of "Beneath,"what with the Queen character beneath Alice on the floor, and Alice seeming to have had enough ill treatment from the Queen, thus treating the Queen as if she's beneath her.

Plus, since Alice does fall into Wonderland, that would technically mean she was going below (and beneath) the real world. Which I also hopes adds to this theme's relevance.

To see my entry at the site, along with the other entries for this week's "Beneath" theme and last week's "Old-Fashioned" theme, go to www.illustrationfriday.com.

To see this piece at the "Color Works" section of my website, please go to http://drawdvl.com/color-works.html.

Happy Friday To All --!!

2 comments:

Chibi Janine said...

I like the Cheshire cat bag :). A nice take on the Alice theme.

craftydvl said...

Thank you --!! It was fun to mix "Alice in Wonderland" with fashion.