Friday, February 27, 2009

Viva Londres!

Me, standing in the thick of Portobello Road in front of a hatstand:

The South Bank, with the London Eye and Big Ben in the background (and a random, though much appreciated by me, Carousel sitting in the middle of the walkway):


Southwark Cathedral. It's beautiful inside and out, and even in the rain:

London Bridge: The neighorhood, around the corner from the bridge itself:

Street art from Brockley, in Zone 2 where I stayed with my friend:

An Owl, from the Bethnal Green Museum of Childhood. He's Plush! And orangey-pink! I love him! Sadly, he was antique and behind glass, and must sit in his spot so British children with lovely accents can have the chance to "Oooooh" and "Aaaaah" at him, the way I did in my less fantabulous American accent:


And on that cuddly note, I am pleased to say that I got to visit London for the first time in four years, and am still in love! Sigh. I got lucky enough to go there as an exchange student on a study abroad program for six months when I was a junior in college. I went to Goldsmith's College in New Cross--some people know about it because of famous graduate Damien Hirst, and his propensity for putting sharks in formaldehyde.
I have more pictures up on my facebook, but for blog purposes I picked a handful of fun and more random ones to show. I am inspired after having gotten to see a great off-Broadway type of play, to go around to all my old haunts, to walk around the buildings and history and everything that you can't help but just breathe in when you're in London, and to have seen some AWESOME art. This artist's exhibit, over in East London, was especially killer:





I'd write more, but I have to get back to everything I got behind on while I was over in Merry Olde. Cheerio! Maybe a drawing will come out of all this. Hrmmm...

No comments: